Snowboarding HomeEmailWebsite Login

SnowboardingHomepageSnowboard StoreSnowboard ForumSnowboarding PicturesWeatherMiscellaneousContact Us

Go Back   Snowboarding Forum > Main > General
User Name
Password

Old 12-23-2005, 09:55 AM

View User's
Snowboarding Pictures
Bindings angle for freeride?

Hey yall .. got a question about angles for my bindings. I'm comfortable with a duck foot stance (+15/-6) when im riding freeride but I've been told by alot of my friends that I should change to forward stance (+15/0 or +15/+15) for that riding style. They said duck is for freestyle and is not optimum for freeride. Is there any truth in this? I mean i'm ok with forward stance..but naturally duck feels better. I wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts were on the issue.

thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 10:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Trader97
View User's
Snowboarding Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalayan
Hey yall .. got a question about angles for my bindings. I'm comfortable with a duck foot stance (+15/-6) when im riding freeride but I've been told by alot of my friends that I should change to forward stance (+15/0 or +15/+15) for that riding style. They said duck is for freestyle and is not optimum for freeride. Is there any truth in this? I mean i'm ok with forward stance..but naturally duck feels better. I wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts were on the issue.

thanks
Forward stance are better for freeriding because it provides better response when turning. Better reponse rate comes from the limited range of motion of your knees, legs.

IMO, unless you are racing or competing, I would just ride whatever stance you feel comfortable. I used to change my binding stance depending on which board I ride, but now I'm always at (15, -6) cause it's most comfortable angles for me.

03/04 - Salomon F24

04/05 - Salomon Era (58)

06/07 - Ride DH (55)
06/07 - Ride Beta
06/07 - DC Judge
Old 12-23-2005, 11:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to jjyank
View User's
Snowboarding Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader97
Forward stance are better for freeriding because it provides better response when turning. Better reponse rate comes from the limited range of motion of your knees, legs.

IMO, unless you are racing or competing, I would just ride whatever stance you feel comfortable. I used to change my binding stance depending on which board I ride, but now I'm always at (15, -6) cause it's most comfortable angles for me.
With Eric there. A forward stance is better, but it will only make a difference if your racing or just into really aggressive riding, or back country. I like everything on the mountain, park, freestyle, and freeride. My stance is +15/-12, a duck stance. I have no problem freeriding at all, but I may not have the perfect response as someone with a forward 15/15 stance has, but I don't really care. If I had a forward stance I would lose a little bit in the freestyle department. Ride where you feel comfortable, thats whats really important.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 PM

View User's
Snowboarding Pictures
I hate duck stance, i ride +26/+3 for all riding

2006 Burton Shaun White Boots
Old 12-23-2005, 12:25 PM

View User's
Snowboarding Pictures
Yeah go with what works for you. I spend most my time in the park and I have a 20/0 stance.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eastsideslider7
View User's
Snowboarding Pictures
21+/6+blahblahblahblah

Old 12-23-2005, 04:04 PM

View User's
Snowboarding Pictures

Quote:

thanks
who cares what your friends think? ride with the angles you feel comfortable with. everyone has their own preference to riding. you shouldn't feel the need to change you settings just because your friends said so.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:50 PM

View User's
Snowboarding Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsong83
who cares what your friends think? ride with the angles you feel comfortable with. everyone has their own preference to riding. you shouldn't feel the need to change you settings just because your friends said so.
I was asking if duck stance reduces my ability to carve better and whether a change in stance would improve that. If it really makes no difference, I want to stick with what im comfortable with.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to jjyank
View User's
Snowboarding Pictures

Quote:
I was asking if duck stance reduces my ability to carve better and whether a change in stance would improve that. If it really makes no difference, I want to stick with what im comfortable with.
Just stick with your duck stance if its comfortable for you. I have a duck stance for my freestyle sessions, but I can still carve better than most of my friends when I feel like it too. What your comfortable with is a much bigger factor than a few angle degrees.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: